Services & Fees
A wide range of services are offered at Mildura O&G.
- Early pregnancy assessment (management of pain and/ or bleeding in first 13 weeks of pregnancy).
- Antenatal care for public patients. Option of private obstetric care combined with Mildura Private Hospital postnatal unit commencing in January 2014.
- Management of high risk pregnancies (e.g. Twin pregnancies, pregnancies complicated by a medical problem such as high blood pressure of diabetes).
- Postnatal assessment and contraception.
- Vulval disorders.
- Management of abnormal pap smear. Colposcopy.
- Assessment of pelvic pain (painful periods, painful intercourse etc).
- Assessment of abnormal uterine bleeding (in all age groups). Treatment options including Mirena and Thermablate endometrial ablation.
- Assessment of abnormal pelvic cysts and masses.
- Assessment of prolapse of the female genital tract.
- Urogynaecology - Particularly the management of female urinary incontinence (involuntary wetting). Visiting specialist service for urodynamics and complex prolapse problems with Dr Chris Barry.
- Sexual difficulties.
- Assessment of problems associated with the ovarian cycle (e.g. P.M.T. and cyclical dysphoria).
- Menopause counseling including management of problems encountered with hormone replacement therapy.
- Contraception and fertility control for woman of child bearing age, including state of the art sterilisation procedures such as Essure p.b.c.
- Adolescent and childhood gynaecology.
- Reproductive medicine including assessment and management of couples having difficulty in achieving a pregnancy. This service is backed up by a full local IVF program (Monash IVF).
- Teleconferencing consultations are available for patients from outside the district including Riverland, Swan Hill and Broken Hill.
Therapeutic treatments and surgical procedures performed. Gynaecologic ultrasound performed on site.
Gynaecological surgery is performed at both Mildura Base Hospital and Mildura Private Hospital.
Fees are charged in accordance with the Australian Medical Association recommended fee schedule. A discount is available if full payment
of your account is received on the day of your consultation. Accounts for medical services are eligible for a rebate in accordance with
the Medicare Benefits Schedule. You can make your claim immediately from any Medicare office on presentation of your detailed account.
Medicare rebates can be processed through the electronic system.